Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PsychoticSheep PsychoticSheep is offline

Default Review tab causes word to hang

Every time I click the review tab it becomes almost impossible to type
normally or to do anaything as I normally would. With the Review tab selected
CPU hits 99% - 100% and I cant seem to do anything to resolve this problem.
With any of the other tabs CPU idles and everything works as normal with
WINWORD.EXE using between 0% and 10% of CPU. Why does this happen? Is this a
universal problem? How do I stop it? Please help? I am using the trial
edition if that makes a difference. Word version 12.0.4518.1014.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UHN5Y2hvdGljU2hlZXA=?=,

Every time I click the review tab it becomes almost impossible to type
normally or to do anaything as I normally would. With the Review tab selected
CPU hits 99% - 100% and I cant seem to do anything to resolve this problem.
With any of the other tabs CPU idles and everything works as normal with
WINWORD.EXE using between 0% and 10% of CPU. Why does this happen? Is this a
universal problem? How do I stop it? Please help? I am using the trial
edition if that makes a difference. Word version 12.0.4518.1014.

It's certainly not a universal problem; more likely something specific to your
installation...

If you start Windows in Safe Mode does the problem persist?

How about if you hold down CTRL when starting Word, to force it into Safe Mode?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)