Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JM[_2_] JM[_2_] is offline

Default email editor issue

I have Office Pro 2007 installed. I use Word as my Outlook editor. Outlook is
setup with 3 email accounts. One of which is the Outlook default send
account. Word tries to use a wrong account to send email and as a result
nothing moves from the outbox.

There is no problem forwarding or replying to email, only sending original
email created in word.

How do I configure Word to use the default email account for out going
correspondence?
JM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi J.M.,

For Office 2007 Outlook and Word are separate. Outlook has it's own Editor that is built on Word and uses a subset of its
abilities. Word can use Outlook to send email from inside of Word. You may want to check with the folks in the Outlook group, but
generally Word will use the first listed Outlook account.

============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

"JM" wrote in message
I have Office Pro 2007 installed. I use Word as my Outlook editor. Outlook
is
setup with 3 email accounts. One of which is the Outlook default send
account. Word tries to use a wrong account to send email and as a result
nothing moves from the outbox

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
Hi J.M.,
....but generally Word will
use the first listed Outlook account.

Which should be the default account as Outlook lists its accounts with the
default first?
If the messages are stuck in the Outbox, do you have Outlook set to send
mail immediately?
Have you opened one of the messages to establish which account it is using?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JM[_2_] JM[_2_] is offline

1) The default SMTP account is the first account. The email editor attempts
to use the second listed STMP account.
2) Yes, It's set to send immediately.
3) Opening the email in the Outbox ans accessing the account button
indicates the second listed STMP account.

After reading Bob Buckland's post, I reposted my question with the outlook
discussion group.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

--
JM

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
Hi J.M.,
....but generally Word will
use the first listed Outlook account.

Which should be the default account as Outlook lists its accounts with the
default first?
If the messages are stuck in the Outbox, do you have Outlook set to send
mail immediately?
Have you opened one of the messages to establish which account it is using?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JM[_2_] JM[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the clarification. I've reposted my question with the Outlook
discussion group .
--
JM

"JM" wrote in message ...
I have Office Pro 2007 installed. I use Word as my Outlook editor. Outlook is
setup with 3 email accounts. One of which is the Outlook default send
account. Word tries to use a wrong account to send email and as a result
nothing moves from the outbox.

There is no problem forwarding or replying to email, only sending original
email created in word.

How do I configure Word to use the default email account for out going
correspondence?
JM
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Email editor Blaine [email protected] Mailmerge 0 March 28th 08 12:05 AM
Word editor in Outlook 2003 issue Dennis C. Jr., Virginia Beach, VA Microsoft Word Help 1 July 10th 07 06:10 AM
Email editor rob Microsoft Word Help 1 June 17th 05 03:22 PM
Using Word as email editor. Jim New Users 1 April 7th 05 10:14 PM
Word as email editor G_Rosie Microsoft Word Help 1 February 13th 05 03:09 AM