Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MEL MEL is offline

Default Files I encrypted will not open

I am unable to open several files that I encrypted by going to Properties,
Advanced Attributes, Encrypt file to secure data. I am using Office 2003.

I moved the files from my C drive to an external NTFS formatted drive. Then
the original computer "died". Now I have my new computer (still running
Office 2003) connected to the same external drive. When I open Word and go
to the external drive location to retrieve the encrypted files, I get a
message stating "Word cannot open the document: _document name appears here_
user does not have access privileges."

Are my files lost for good?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

File permissions are more a question for the Windows forum than Word. You
may have more success there.