Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Blacksmith Tim Blacksmith Tim is offline

Default Word Crash on Exit

This and a few other odd things happen to me.

I've tried the fixes involving modifying the registry and it still happenes.

Bascially after some period of work I'll click "Exit" or the X and Word
gives the "stopped working" message.

This has been going on for months now. Seems to happen more with longer
files.

Anyone have any ideas?

Timothy Park
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

Don't confuse the second URL name with the content. I did read your
question!

Blacksmith Tim wrote:
This and a few other odd things happen to me.

I've tried the fixes involving modifying the registry and it still
happenes.

Bascially after some period of work I'll click "Exit" or the X and
Word gives the "stopped working" message.

This has been going on for months now. Seems to happen more with
longer files.

Anyone have any ideas?

Timothy Park

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Blacksmith Tim Blacksmith Tim is offline

Thank you for those resources. Most of what I gleaned from them were things I
already knew from older versions of Word, but it's good to have them and good
to confirm that some of the same things still work.

I think the solution may be found in another post (which, of course, I
cannot find this morning) where the culprit seems to be HP printer set as the
default). I have not had a chance to do major writing, but so far that seems
to have licked the crash on exit problems with Word (and PowerPoint).

I'll be doing much more with both through the next two weeks, and if
changing the default printer and clearing the temp files doesn't cut it
there's always the fallbacks: Word2000 on the old computer and OpenOffice.

Now if I can just figure out how to fix the screen stutter.

Thanks again!

Tim the Blacksmith

Blacksmith Tim wrote:
This and a few other odd things happen to me.

I've tried the fixes involving modifying the registry and it still
happenes.

Bascially after some period of work I'll click "Exit" or the X and
Word gives the "stopped working" message.

This has been going on for months now. Seems to happen more with
longer files.

Anyone have any ideas?

Timothy Park

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

For the screen problem check that you have the latest display driver and you
may wish to experiment with reducing its hardware acceleration.

Word Crash Walt G Microsoft Word Help 1 August 25th 08 10:42 AM
Word crash paynedave Microsoft Word Help 2 July 3rd 06 12:29 PM
Word XP - crash [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 January 9th 06 07:18 PM
Word crash Sejal Microsoft Word Help 6 April 9th 05 09:17 PM
Word 202 crash June New Users 5 December 19th 04 03:06 AM