Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BK BK is offline

Default overwritting text in msword2007

I'm working on several reports and would like to overwrite without having to
reformat for additional word inserts. In the old version of word I could
easily do this by using the insert on and off feature. How do I do this on
the newer version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

BK wrote:
I'm working on several reports and would like to overwrite without
having to reformat for additional word inserts. In the old version
of word I could easily do this by using the insert on and off
feature. How do I do this on the newer version?

It's exactly the same.

If pressing the Insert key once doesn't change from insert mode to overtype
mode, you may have an option turned off. Go to Office button Word Options
Advanced, in the Editing Options group, and make sure the option "Use the

Insert key to control overtype mode" is checked.

If that doesn't help, there's another way. Right-click the status bar at the
bottom of the Word window and click the Overtype item in the menu to display
it on the status bar. Clicking that item in the status bar will switch
between Insert and Overtype (and pressing the Insert key should also switch
it back and forth).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you don't already have it there, you can add the insert/overtype toggle
to the status bar (right click the status bar).