Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ruth Ruth is offline

Default top line of each page 'indents' even though not indicated on ruler

I am formatting a very large document, and am having a page formatting
problem with the first line of every page.

The top line of each page appears slightly indented, even though the
indentation markers on the ruler for that line are identical to those for the
lines lower down. I am using a consistent style based on normal.

Also, whenever my centered headings are on the top line of a page, they
aren't centered. They are slightly to the right of center, about the same
amount as the apparent 'indentation' when there's a line of normal text
there. When I hard return the heading to the next line, it moves to true
center.

I suspect the problem might have something to do with my page header, but
I'm not sure. I have a header on each page indicating the page number
top-left or top-right (alternating).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ruth Ruth is offline

Default top line of each page 'indents' even though not indicated on r

Many thanks Suzanne, much appreciated!
Ruth