aykrug aykrug is offline
Junior Member

Question Updating formula in table

Hi,
I have a formula in a table "=SUM(R2C2,R6C2)" which when I open the file displays 0. I have to manually update the formula to show the result. Is there anyway for the file to open with the results displayed? I do have other formulas in the same table "=R9C2/R10C2" which do open with the correct result.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Updating formula in table

With formula fields, the best you can do is select the option to update
fields on print. In Word 2007 and 2010, you'll find that option in the
Display category of the Word Options dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"aykrug" skrev i meddelandet

Hi,
I have a formula in a table "=SUM(R2C2,R6C2)" which when I open the file
displays 0. I have to manually update the formula to show the result. Is
there anyway for the file to open with the results displayed? I do have
other formulas in the same table "=R9C2/R10C2" which do open with the
correct result.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

--
aykrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are using a protected form with legacy form fields, you can make use
of the "Calculate on exit" option in the Text Form Field Options dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Table Formula Jseakin Tables 3 April 23rd 09 10:44 PM
Formula In Table Earl Partridge Tables 1 February 15th 09 10:33 AM
Table formula? Miss Jenny Microsoft Word Help 3 June 7th 08 04:07 AM
Updating formula fields - XP vs 2003 Elton Hurrell Microsoft Word Help 4 April 10th 06 11:55 AM
Table Formula Help Stefani Tables 2 April 12th 05 04:23 PM