Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Laurel[_2_] Laurel[_2_] is offline

Default Can't read some 2003 .doc files in 2007

I have a number of *.doc files that were originally converted from Word
Perfect via Word 2003. Some of them open fine in Word 2007. Some of them
show just a bunch of little squares with an occasional other figure. What
has happened? Is there any way to recover?

tia
las