Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nandadevi Nandadevi is offline

Default Editing withing form fields

I created a Word memo template for a client and they wanted to "lock down"
the formatting so I inserted form fields in the areas for information and
protected the doc, however they still need to be able to bold, italicize,
etc. within the body of content. Is there a way around this without
unprotecting the document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I don't know about in Word 2007, but in 2003 and earlier, no there is no way
to do those things without unprotecting the document. If you know that a
particular form field will need to be italicized (or bolded, etc.) in its
entirety, you can format it before you protect the document, but once it's
protected, there's no formatting the text.

Fred

"Nandadevi" wrote:

I created a Word memo template for a client and they wanted to "lock down"
the formatting so I inserted form fields in the areas for information and
protected the doc, however they still need to be able to bold, italicize,
etc. within the body of content. Is there a way around this without
unprotecting the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I wasn't thinking about section breaks, though. You can have an unprotected
section within a protected document. If it's a memo, it might work well. Try
inserting a continuous section break before the main body of the memo. Then
just protect the first section (To, From, Subject, etc.), and leave the rest
of the memo unprotected. That might do what you need.