Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim P.[_2_] Kim P.[_2_] is offline

Default Converting Word to Works

I typed a document on a borrowed computer that ran on Windows ME and had
Microsoft Word (I'm not sure what version and can't really find out). I'm now
trying to open it on a computer that has Windows 95 and Microsoft Works. I've
looked on the web and seen many comments on how to convert Works to Word, but
I can't find anything that shows the opposite, Word to Works. I know
Microsoft no longer supports Windows 95, but until I can afford a new
computer, it's all I've got. Does anyone know any site I can go to on the web
that can answer my questions, or does anyone here know how I can convert Word
to Works? Thanks!!!
--
Kim P.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor[_3_] Graham Mayor[_3_] is offline

Early versions of Word were unable to open Word document format. You need to
borrow that computer again and save the document as RTF, which Works should
be able to open.

Kim P." wrote:

I typed a document on a borrowed computer that ran on Windows ME and had
Microsoft Word (I'm not sure what version and can't really find out). I'm now
trying to open it on a computer that has Windows 95 and Microsoft Works. I've
looked on the web and seen many comments on how to convert Works to Word, but
I can't find anything that shows the opposite, Word to Works. I know
Microsoft no longer supports Windows 95, but until I can afford a new
computer, it's all I've got. Does anyone know any site I can go to on the web
that can answer my questions, or does anyone here know how I can convert Word
to Works? Thanks!!!
--
Kim P.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim P.[_2_] Kim P.[_2_] is offline

Thanks so much for your answer, I appreciate the help. Unfortunately, darn
it, borrowing the computer isn't an option any more. I guess I'm just going
to have to write off the document. Thanks again.
--
Kim P.