Vincdc

Default Footnote format

Hello:
I want to insert a footnote into my Word document. However, whenever I
insert a footnote, I will see somthing like this
1
______________________
1

There is a number above the line which I do not want to show it. If I delete
it, the entire footnote will be deleted too. What is the problem for this?
Thanks in advance!

Vincdc

Hello Suzanne:
I tried it, but it does not work. When I click to reset the Footnote
Separator, it just shows a line.
Thanks!

"Vincdc" wrote in message
Hello:
I want to insert a footnote into my Word document. However, whenever I
insert a footnote, I will see somthing like this
1
______________________
1

There is a number above the line which I do not want to show it. If I

delete
it, the entire footnote will be deleted too. What is the problem for this?
Thanks in advance!

Which is what you want, right? A line without a number?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Normal view, choose View | Footnotes. In the footnote pane, click the
arrow beside the dropdown list and choose Footnote Separator. Click the
Reset button. Does this help? If not, what style is applied to the

Footnote
Separator?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.