Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
storytellersjem

Default How do I make 139 page doc to 125 page doc?

I've got a screenplay that I did on MS Word 7.0.

It came out to 125 pages . .. 1" margins on top and bottom; .25 on the
left; and .75 on the right.

When I updated it to Microsoft Office 2003 it went from 125 pages to
139 pages. Same margins.

I need to get it back down to 125 pages without changing the margins.

A few years back a friend of mine kept the same margins and got it down
to 125 pages.

He must have condensed the lines or something (i.e. this is single
spaced already). The font remained the same as well.

Not sure what he did or if there is another way for me to get the page
count down.

There must be some feature where he made it half a single space or
something because I noticed the lines don't shift. The same words on
my 139 page doc are the same as this 125 page. Or, in other words, the
paragraphs are exactly the same. No shifting of words.

Any help possible? I need to get this out soon.

Thanks,

SJEM

--
storytellersjemPosted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

The question is not whether the paragraphs are the same, but whether
the line endings within the paragraphs are the same. That is, do some
of the paragraphs take up more lines than they used to, because words
have been pushed to the next line?

If that's the case, you can squeeze the letters together so they'll
fit on the same lines again. Select all (Ctrl+A), go to Format Font,
click the Character Spacing tab, and set the spacing to Condensed by
0.1 pt. If that doesn't quite do it, you can condense by 0.2 pt or 0.3
pt.

For techniques including this one, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm.

By the way, the reason the document expanded is probably that you have
a different printer driver installed. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm for an
explanation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:38:36 +0530, storytellersjem
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

And if the line breaks *are* the same, it could be that you just need to get
more lines on the page. This can be accomplished with Exact line spacing.
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm