Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Schwartz Michael Schwartz is offline

Default Use of Chicago Style citations

I am instering citations based on the Chicago style in my document, however
only the author and date will show up. Sometimes the title will. I have check
the field codes and the title is not being suppressed. What could cause this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 12 nov, 23:11, Michael Schwartz
wrote:
I am instering citations based on the Chicago style in my document, however
only the author and date will show up. Sometimes the title will. I have check
the *field codes and the title is not being suppressed. What could cause this?

The formatting algorithm causes this behaviour. It's not something you
'select' voluntarely. If I'm not mistaken Microsoft follows the
following 'algorithm' for in-text citations in the Chicago style:

IF there is no author, title and year THEN
display tag
ELSE IF there is no author THEN
display title and year
ELSE IF there is an author, but he is not unique (no idea how they
define/check this) THEN
display author, title and year
ELSE (this is what you will see most of the time)
display author and year

I have no clue as to this being the correct Chicago style or not
though.

Of course, once you start suppressing parts, it might look different.
There is a small error when you have added pages or a volume to a
specific in-text citation and suppress the author (and title) so that
only the year and pages will be displayed. Luckely, that error can be
solved easily.

Yves
--
http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "implementation" of Chicago style is seriously crappy.

With all the tweaking you have to do to virtually every bibliography
entry and any citation for an author with more than one item (let
alone more than one from the same year), it hardly saves any time.

On Nov 12, 5:11*pm, Michael Schwartz
wrote:
I am instering citations based on the Chicago style in my document, however
only the author and date will show up. Sometimes the title will. I have check
the *field codes and the title is not being suppressed. What could cause this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Is there anyway to make it so it can cite Chicago style footnotes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 18 nov, 12:21, Jonathan wrote:
Is there anyway to make it so it can cite Chicago style footnotes?

It is not supported at the moment.

You could try to create your own style though. The easiest way would
probably be to use ordinary "Word" footnotes and then put the citation
field inside the footnote. Creating your own style is a bit of a
hassle though. You can find some information at
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...ions-1011.aspx
or you can try to use the 'easier' way I created at
http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography...eleaseId=15851

Yves
--
http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography