billybob

Default Still have the same old problem.

Running Windows XP Home and Windows 2002

This has truly been a challenge.!

For instance, I have a Word doc. numbering 10 or 12 pages. All the pages
from page 2 on are clean as they should be. Page 1 seems to always have
about a 2½ inch wide black band across the bottom of the page. I can type
inside the black band, but obviously I can't see the text unless I change
the text to a lighter color at that spot. I don't understand what could be
causing this. A couple of you members have tried to help me with this
problem several times in the past, but with no luck. I've tried updating
drivers and even reinstalling Word, but nothing seems to help. Any ideas
anyone, please?
--
Bill

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Do you have "Different first page" enabled?

"billybob" wrote in message
Running Windows XP Home and Windows 2002

This has truly been a challenge.!

For instance, I have a Word doc. numbering 10 or 12 pages. All the pages
from page 2 on are clean as they should be. Page 1 seems to always have
about a 2½ inch wide black band across the bottom of the page. I can type
inside the black band, but obviously I can't see the text unless I change
the text to a lighter color at that spot. I don't understand what could be
causing this. A couple of you members have tried to help me with this
problem several times in the past, but with no luck. I've tried updating
drivers and even reinstalling Word, but nothing seems to help. Any ideas
anyone, please?
--
Bill

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us

with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -

Galileo

billybob

Thanks, Suzanne! Can you do that? Where?

Mary Sauer

Page setup, layout tab...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"billybob" wrote in message
Thanks, Suzanne! Can you do that? Where?

The reason I asked was that, since you're seeing the problem only on page 1,
I thought it might actually be something anchored to the First Page
Header/Footer (which is different from the primary Header/Footer). But if
you are not even aware of this option, it's unlikely that it's enabled.

"billybob" wrote in message
Thanks, Suzanne! Can you do that? Where?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Does this happen in all of your documents or just that one?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"billybob" wrote in message
[...]

billybob

All, JoAnn, but it didn't use to that.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Have you looked at the same documents on another computer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"billybob" wrote in message
All, JoAnn, but it didn't use to that.

billybob

No, I haven't checked out the document on another PC, yet.

Sounds as though no one seems to know much about this problem. I have been
trying the resolve this problem for about a year now with no results. I
can't imagine that this hasn't happened to someone other than just myself.
I'm still hoping someone will know the answer soon. Thanks, Suzanne and
JoAnn. You guys help me more than anyone else it seems. I guess we've got
a real challenge this time, huh?

PopS

It might help if you respond to your top post in this thread, and
restate the things you have tried or at least eliminated as being
a problem.

You mention you've reinstalled Word: Have you tried a "clean
install" of Word as opposed to just reinstalling it? Save your
Word customizations to a safe place in case it isn't the "fix",
so you can put them all back.

HTH,
PopS

: