Default Copying in Word 2003

I have been trying to copy and paste text from one document to another.
When I go to paste it, what is pasted is completely different to what I
copied. I cleared down the clipboard, tried to do this again, but on
trying to copy the new information, it came up as blank. I am flummoxed
as this was fine until this morning so I am wondering if I
inadvertently turned something off/on.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
Shelagh

Cindy M -WordMVP-

I have been trying to copy and paste text from one document to another.
When I go to paste it, what is pasted is completely different to what I
copied. I cleared down the clipboard, tried to do this again, but on
trying to copy the new information, it came up as blank. I am flummoxed
as this was fine until this morning so I am wondering if I
inadvertently turned something off/on.

I'd say there's an outside application, or a macro, interfering with your
copying/pasting. Are you still seeing the problem? And is it only in
Word?

If you hold Ctrl to start Word in Safe Mode, do you still see the
problem?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cathy

I have the same intermittent problem in Word 2003. The copy function does
not actually copy anything into the clipboard. I have tried to copy using
the drop-down toolbar menu, the right-click method, and control-c. None of
these actions puts the highlighted text into the clipboard. I haven't
figured out any pattern as to when or why this happens. Sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't. (Note, I can always copy from Outlook or Internet
Explorer into Word, but I can't always copy from Word into something else.)

Cathy