Sandra Rosputko

Default Page Number

Someone please help me!! I have a 10-page document, however, I do NOT want
the last page number to display and I am having the worst time deleting or
hiding the very last page number without affecting all the others...how do I
perform this particular function? Please provide step-by-step instructions.
Thank you very much.

Sandra

Use this field in place of the simple { PAGE } field:

{ IF { PAGE } { NUMPAGES } { PAGE } }

This will insert the page number on all but the last page. Note that each
pair of field delimiters (the things that look like braces but can't be
typed from the keyboard) must be inserted using Ctrl+F9, but if you insert a
pair for the IF field, you can use the Insert Page Number and Insert Number
of Pages buttons on the Header and Footer toolbar to insert the remaining
fields.

"Sandra Rosputko" wrote in
message ...
Someone please help me!! I have a 10-page document, however, I do NOT

want
the last page number to display and I am having the worst time deleting or
hiding the very last page number without affecting all the others...how do

perform this particular function? Please provide step-by-step

instructions.
Thank you very much.

Sandra

Sandra Rosputko

Hi there Suzanne....thank you for response. I have to be honest though, I'm
alittle confused as to HOW to do this exactly? Where do I go and type in the
IF function you listed below? I know it probably seems pretty straight
forward to you since you're obviously an advanced user, but it's not so
simple for me. Can you please reply step-by-step. Sorry to be such a
bother, but I do appreciate the help.
Sandra

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

You insert this field wherever you want the page number to appear/not
appear--in the header or the footer. It sounds as if this may be something
you haven't done (I suspect you've been using Insert | Page Numbers?), so
you might want to read http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm,
which will explain how to do this.

"Sandra Rosputko" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Use this field in place of the simple { PAGE } field:

{ IF { PAGE } { NUMPAGES } { PAGE } }

This will insert the page number on all but the last page. Note that

each
pair of field delimiters (the things that look like braces but can't be
typed from the keyboard) must be inserted using Ctrl+F9, but if you

insert a
pair for the IF field, you can use the Insert Page Number and Insert

Number
of Pages buttons on the Header and Footer toolbar to insert the

remaining
fields.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.