Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bblibrary bblibrary is offline

Default cursor symbol

I am teaching a basic computer class at our library. One of the participants
does not like the little paragraph alignment symbol the shows up next to the
cursor "I" symbol in Word. Is there a way to get rid of that little symbol?
--
bblibrary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That's the signal that you have the Click and Type feature turned on. Go to
Tools Options Edit and uncheck the box for "Enable click and type" to
remove it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

bblibrary wrote:
I am teaching a basic computer class at our library. One of the
participants does not like the little paragraph alignment symbol the
shows up next to the cursor "I" symbol in Word. Is there a way to get
rid of that little symbol?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bblibrary bblibrary is offline

Thanks for the reply. I do know about the formatting symbols as noted in
your article. My question was answered by another disscussion participant as
follows: That's the signal that you have the Click and Type feature turned
on. Go to
Tools Options Edit and uncheck the box for "Enable click and type" to
remove it. Yes, I am "teaching" classes to folks 55 years and older about
the basics of using a computer.
--
bblibrary

"bblibrary" wrote in message
I am teaching a basic computer class at our library. One of the

participants
does not like the little paragraph alignment symbol the shows up next to

the
cursor "I" symbol in Word. Is there a way to get rid of that little

symbol?
--
bblibrary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bblibrary bblibrary is offline

Thanks so much for your answer. I knew it would be in the tools/options
window but was just not sure of which item to check or uncheck. The
participant in our class will be most pleased.
--
bblibrary

bblibrary wrote:
I am teaching a basic computer class at our library. One of the
participants does not like the little paragraph alignment symbol the
shows up next to the cursor "I" symbol in Word. Is there a way to get
rid of that little symbol?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I misread "paragraph alignment symbol" as "paragraph symbol." Yes, Click and
Type is a bit more obscure.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

That's the signal that you have the Click and Type feature turned on. Go

Tools Options Edit and uncheck the box for "Enable click and type"

remove it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman