Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bufossil bufossil is offline

Default Unwanted white space when pasting object from Visio

I am using Word 2003 SP2, Visio 2003 SP2, and Windows XP SP2.

I have a series of full page landscape drawings I must copy and paste
(embed) into Word. The first five embedded Visio objects pasted just fine.
The sixth one pastes into Word with 1.5" white space on the right hand side.

In Visio, the drawing takes up the full landscape page just like the other
drawings that pasted in correctly. If you perform Ctrl+A to select the whole
drawing, the boundaries of the drawing appear to be confined to the page just
like the other drawings. When you select the pasted drawing in Word, it
appears that the boundaries of the drawing itself extend 1.5" to the right of
the drawing.

Anyone have any ideas about what is happening?

Thanks for your help.

Tim Munyon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bufossil bufossil is offline

I think the origin of the problem was in Visio (even though the graphic took
up one full landscape page with no white space to the right).

However, to fix the problem, I right-clicked the graphics in Word, selected
Visio Object Edit, and simply dragged the right hand margin back to the
graphic to eliminate the white space.

Good luck!