Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SPS1

Default How do I limit access to word.doc to one user at a time on netwrk

Users on network have responsibility for different sections of report, B/4
upgrade to Word 2003, only one user counld edit doc at a time. Recently had
two individuals (A & B) access and make changes to file simultaneously.
Botched up document and User "B" lost almost all information entered. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U1BTMQ==?=,

Users on network have responsibility for different sections of report, B/4
upgrade to Word 2003, only one user counld edit doc at a time. Recently had
two individuals (A & B) access and make changes to file simultaneously.
Botched up document and User "B" lost almost all information entered.

I suggest you ask in the office.setup newsgroup. In my experience, Word still
warns you if the document is already opened by another user. If that's not
happening on your system, perhaps there's a policy you need to set.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)