Stan Brown

Default "Attention" line in Envelope wizard?

A recent thread inspires me to ask my own question: is there any way
in Envelope Wizard to have a line in the lower left of the envelope,
such as "Attention: Joe Blow" or "Private and Confidential"?

I couldn't find anything in my copy of Word 2003, but then I have a
talent for missing the obvious. :-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"I feel a wave of morning sickness coming on, and I want to
be standing on your mother's grave when it hits."
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 28 May 2005 18:45:14 -0400, Stan Brown
wrote:

A recent thread inspires me to ask my own question: is there any way
in Envelope Wizard to have a line in the lower left of the envelope,
such as "Attention: Joe Blow" or "Private and Confidential"?

I couldn't find anything in my copy of Word 2003, but then I have a
talent for missing the obvious. :-)

Not directly through the wizard, which is kind of minimal (or should I
say "not too bright"?). But see
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm for a
description of how to create autotext entries and use them. Also read
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Graham Mayor

One of the example envelope templates for download from my web site has the
attention line included. The accompanying articles linked in Jay's post show
the techniques used.

wrote:

A recent thread inspires me to ask my own question: is there any way
in Envelope Wizard to have a line in the lower left of the envelope,
such as "Attention: Joe Blow" or "Private and Confidential"?

I couldn't find anything in my copy of Word 2003, but then I have a
talent for missing the obvious. :-)

Not directly through the wizard, which is kind of minimal (or should I
say "not too bright"?). But see
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm for a
description of how to create autotext entries and use them. Also read
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm.

Stan Brown

On Sun, 29 May 2005 08:08:25 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

One of the example envelope templates for download from my web site has the
attention line included. The accompanying articles linked in Jay's post show
the techniques used.

Thanks, Jay and Graham!

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"I feel a wave of morning sickness coming on, and I want to
be standing on your mother's grave when it hits."
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: "Attention" line in Envelope wizard?

Yes, you can add an "Attention" line or any other custom text to the envelope using the Envelope Wizard in Word 2003. Here are the steps:
  1. Open a new document in Word and click on "Tools" in the menu bar.
  2. Select "Letters and Mailings" and then "Envelopes and Labels".
  3. In the Envelopes tab, enter the recipient's address in the "Delivery address" field.
  4. Click on the "Add to Document" button to insert the envelope into your document.
  5. Double-click on the envelope to open the Envelope Options dialog box.
  6. In the Envelope Options dialog box, click on the "Envelope Options" tab.
  7. In the "Envelope size" section, select the appropriate envelope size.
  8. In the "Printing Options" section, click on the "Customize" button.
  9. In the "Customize Envelope" dialog box, click on the "Add" button to add a new text box.
  10. Type in your custom text, such as "Attention: Joe Blow" or "Private and Confidential".
  11. Adjust the font, size, and position of the text box as desired.
  12. Click "OK" to close the "Customize Envelope" dialog box.
  13. Click "OK" to close the "Envelope Options" dialog box.
  14. Print the envelope as usual.

That's it! Your custom text should now appear on the envelope in the lower left corner.