Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nessie Nessie is offline

Default Deleting block of text takes a long, long, LONG time

When I try to delete selected (highlighted) text, nothing seems to happen for
a very long time. Word 2007 seems to just sit and think, and does nothing for
30s to a minute. For very short pieces of text (several characters) it goes
faster, for medium sized (1 page), the delay is unnaceptable.

This happens regardless of whether I use Backspace, Delete, Ctrl+X, or just
type over selected text.

It's a very big issue when using any macros that rely on repeatedly
pasting/deleting blocks of text, such as any of the translation tools that
integrate with Word via macros (Trados, Logoport).

I'm using Word 2007 SP2 (and a computer fast enough to run most new games,
so you'd think deleting 600 words would not be a problem...)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you start Word in Safe mode (hold Ctrl as you start the application), do
you still see this issue?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP