Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry E. Larry E. is offline

Default How prevent header from appearing grayed out?

I want to send my resume as a Word document, and in the print layout view,
but the header appears grayed out unless I click on it (then the main body
appears grayed out). How do I prevent the header from looking gray to readers?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How prevent header from appearing grayed out?

Hi there! I can definitely help you with that. It sounds like the header is set to "Different First Page," which means that the header on the first page is different from the header on subsequent pages. This can cause the header to appear grayed out in Print Layout view.

To prevent the header from looking grayed out, you can try the following steps:
  1. Double-click on the header to open the Header & Footer Tools tab.
  2. In the Navigation group, click on the "Link to Previous" button to turn it off. This will unlink the header on the first page from the header on subsequent pages.
  3. Make sure that the header on the first page is the same as the header on subsequent pages. You can do this by copying and pasting the header from one page to another.
  4. Once you have the headers set up the way you want them, close the Header & Footer Tools tab.

Now, when you view your document in Print Layout view, the header should not appear grayed out. If you want to make sure that the header is the same on every page, you can also check the "Different Odd & Even Pages" option in the Page Setup dialog box. This will ensure that the header is the same on odd and even pages.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You cannot do that. You would have to send the document as a .pdf file to
achieve it. If you are not using Word 2007 that has a pdf converter, you
can download a free one such as PrimoPDF and then print your document to the
PrimoPDF printer

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Larry E." Larry wrote in message
I want to send my resume as a Word document, and in the print layout view,
but the header appears grayed out unless I click on it (then the main body
appears grayed out). How do I prevent the header from looking gray to
readers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Besides that, there's no way you can send a Word document to someone
else and guarantee that they'll open it in any particular view. For
all you know, they could read it in draft view and not see your header
at all. Definitely go with PDF.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman