Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stewart[_2_] Stewart[_2_] is offline

Default adobe reader

I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on screen)
in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Did you try simply highlighlighting the text you want, copy and paste it
into Word?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you use the AR (Adobe Reader) print as a booklet. It prints two pages on each side of a single sheet of A4/Letter paper to create a booklet. That's 104/4 = 26 pages. So why not save the time and print a booklet from AR?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
"Stewart" wrote in message ...
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on screen)
in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If that particular file allows it (which depends on how the instruction file
was created), you can click the Tools menu in Adobe Reader, click Select &
Zoom, and click Select Tool. The mouse cursor should become an I-beam when
positioned over the text area, and you can drag it across & down to select
text and pictures. Press Ctrl+C to copy the selection, switch to a Word
document, and paste.

OCR probably won't be necessary, because the copied text should paste as
editable text. The formatting may be different, though.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Stewart wrote:
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

To add to what the others have said, although you can certainly print the
entire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document, have
you considered just printing specific pages of the PDF through Adobe Reader?

http://word.mvps.org

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stewart[_2_] Stewart[_2_] is offline

The Panasonic instruction manual is security protected and will not permit
me to copy however as you have suggested I can print the pages I want.
My idea of using "Word" was to condense the parts that I wanted and have a
small compact note to go in the camera pouch.
Thanks again.

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages. I wish to copy the pages
I need in to a word document and then modify and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this? I remember reading
that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this would work
from the Adobe Reader screen. Thank you.

A couple of things to consider...
Something like Serif's PagePlus X4 can import a lot of PDFs and Edit them.

Does your printer dialogue not have various options to print to a scale of
some sort, like multiple pages per sheet etc...?

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I was going to suggest the same thing; in addition to the booklet printing
that Terry mentioned, it is possible to scale pages down.

http://word.mvps.org

"Dave Symes" wrote in message

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages. I wish to copy the pages
I need in to a word document and then modify and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this? I remember reading
that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this would work
from the Adobe Reader screen. Thank you.

A couple of things to consider...
Something like Serif's PagePlus X4 can import a lot of PDFs and Edit them.

Does your printer dialogue not have various options to print to a scale of
some sort, like multiple pages per sheet etc...?

Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

What about using screenshots, use OCR, and then convert to Word?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Out of curiosity (and because I enjoy a challenge), what model camera? Let
me see how long it takes me to throw in the towel. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify and
print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if this
would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stewart[_2_] Stewart[_2_] is offline

JoAnn, that is what I had in mind; to use the snipping tool (windows 7) and
then use MS Word 2007 but I do not know how to get it to read a screen shot
using OCR.
The long way round would be to print the bits I want from Adobe Reader, then
scan back in and use OCR to get into word format.
That is cumbersome.
The camera is Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS10 and on first use it seems to be a
beauty. I still have my older cameras, A Zeiss Contarex single lens reflex
(too heavy now), a Nikon underwater (no longer use) and an Olympus compact
(heavy for my pocket) so I can make comparisons.
Thanks again.

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Security in pdf is overrated, it's just a suggestion for pdf viewers to
implement such a thing. There exist viewers which completely ignore all
security settings. Downside is, they are mostly viewers on linux based
systems, not Windows.

Yves

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Finereader OCR software would extract whatever you select in the document to
a Word document, It even comes with a screenshot reader applet that allows
you to copy anything you see on screen to a Word document (or a whole raft
of other places).

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stewart[_2_] Stewart[_2_] is offline

Graham, I have now installed Microsoft Office Document Imaging and that
enables me to scan with OCR a document into Word; the draw back is that the
image has to be in TIFF format so again it is a bit cumbersome.
The copied document no longer had its format so I have to do that myself.

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you open the saved TIFF in something like the Free IrfanView, you can convert it to any graphics format. IrfanView supports over 100 graphic formats.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then modify
and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know if
this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That's why I suggested Finereader

Finereader is a fully functional OCR package which handles PDF directly,
whereas MODI isn't and doesn't

"Stewart" wrote in message
I have just bought a new camera and the instructions are printed (on
screen) in Adobe Reader; there are 104 pages.
I wish to copy the pages I need in to a word document and then
modify and print what I want.
Is there any way I can use Word 2007 to do this?
I remember reading that Word has an OCR capability but do not know
if this would work from the Adobe Reader screen.
Thank you.

ascon ascon is offline
Junior Member

You can print threetire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document.
jsrana jsrana is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascon View Post
You can print threetire manual as a booklet or copy selected text to a Word document.
thanks
private detective agency in delhi
Big_Dru Big_Dru is offline
Junior Member

Location: Canada

Hi, I think you can copy all the instructions in Word. I had a similar situation, only with the instruction on a hoverboard. I bought it a month ago, after I read the article:breakingnews.ie/business/why-are-a-back-to-the-future-hoverboard-and-delorean-being-used-to-protest-outside-parliament-701639.htm. I dropped all the instructions in the Word, and he recognized the text perfectly.
I hope that you will succeed.

Last edited by Big_Dru : March 14th 19 at 11:04 AM

Launching Adobe Reader on PDF Creation RizzKid Microsoft Word Help 0 February 10th 10 06:34 PM
Saving Word to Adobe Reader Ant Microsoft Word Help 7 April 4th 07 04:56 AM
Flipping between Word and Adobe Reader Foxtrotsky Microsoft Word Help 7 May 27th 06 10:56 PM
Adobe Reader FUSTRATED Page Layout 1 January 12th 06 03:45 PM
Creating & sending Adobe Reader (pdf) files Sheila Renee Microsoft Word Help 3 May 18th 05 03:59 AM