Jennifer Dunn via OfficeKB.com

Default Creating a Table of Contents in a Long Document

I have created a Master Document that has several subdocuments with the end
result of an approximately 1000 page document. I cannot get it to create a
Table of Contents. I keep getting the message: Error! No table of contents
entries found. Has anyone encountered this before? Any help would be
appreciated. Jenni

Daiya Mitchell

Word Heretic might come along and help you out, but most of the people
posting here donąt know much about master documents, because:

Why Master Documents corrupt:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm

How to recover a Master Document:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...MasterDocs.htm

Steve Hudson [Word Heretic] on how to make Master Documents work safely:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ma...dhomepage.html

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/