Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MDM MDM is offline

Default e-mail

I am using 2007 Word and trying to send a document via e-mail. The
"envelope" icon does not activate when I click on it. What do I need to do?
Thanks
M.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Set Outlook as your default e-mail application. If you have Windows XP, you
could use Outlook Express instead.

MDM wrote:
I am using 2007 Word and trying to send a document via e-mail. The
"envelope" icon does not activate when I click on it. What do I need
to do? Thanks
M.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MDM MDM is offline

The default already is Outlook Express in Windows Control Panel. Where in
Outlook do I check for this?

MDM wrote:
I am using 2007 Word and trying to send a document via e-mail. The
"envelope" icon does not activate when I click on it. What do I need
to do? Thanks
M.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In that case, see: The "E-mail" command is missing or is unavailable in
Excel 2007, in PowerPoint 2007, or in Word 2007
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792 and while the similar but expanded
version at http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

MDM wrote:
I am using 2007 Word and trying to send a document via e-mail.
The "envelope" icon does not activate when I click on it. What
do I need to do? Thanks
M.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MDM MDM is offline

The default e-mail is set to Outlook Express, and I am still not able to
e-mail a document with Word 2007. The icon is still disabled.