A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Microsoft Word Help
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Using wildcards to highlight certain text

Old May 11th 19, 11:36 AM

First recorded activity by WordBanter: May 2019
Default Using wildcards to highlight certain text

Hi,

I would like to highlight special instances of text in a Word document by using wildcards. I've searched widely, but my particular circumstances don't appear to be catered for.

I'd like to transform ALL instances of [word [timestamp]] in a document, e.g. [inaudible [12:34]] so that the square brackets and all the contents are highlighted in yellow in one press, after set-up.

I've tried the dialog box for find and replace / wildcards, etc. but cannot find a way through to achieving this with what would ultimately be one button press !

I thought I had it at one point when I set it up, pressed enter, and all my examples were highlighted in yellow...

...BUT the original text was lost, and replaced with hundreds of[*]s. Hope someone can help because the time saved compared to doing this manually would be enormous,

Many thanks, Paul
Ads
Old May 13th 19, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul cardin View Post
Hi,

I would like to highlight special instances of text in a Word document by using wildcards. I've searched widely, but my particular circumstances don't appear to be catered for.

I'd like to transform ALL instances of [word [timestamp]] in a document, e.g. [inaudible [12:34]] so that the square brackets and all the contents are highlighted in yellow in one press, after set-up.

I've tried the dialog box for find and replace / wildcards, etc. but cannot find a way through to achieving this with what would ultimately be one button press !

I thought I had it at one point when I set it up, pressed enter, and all my examples were highlighted in yellow...

...BUT the original text was lost, and replaced with hundreds of[*]s. Hope someone can help because the time saved compared to doing this manually would be enormous,

Many thanks, Paul

There's a mistake in the above post.
The correct text is [inaudibe 12:34] (without the square brackets around the time stamp)

Thanks.
Old May 14th 19, 09:23 AM
Banned

Những quy tắc ứng x* nên hay không nên khi đi dự tiệc cưới/ hỏi/ liên hoan/ sinh nh*t/ hội họp bạn bè/ tân gia…v* có thể áp dụng cho các môi trường khác ở nơi công cộng để ko l*m mất đi hình ảnh bản thân: https://violetwedding.net/cach-cu-xu...tiec-cuoi.html