Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Augustus Augustus is offline

Default Roller ball on mouse

This is strange, but I just updated to Word 2004 for Mac, version 11.3 and
the pages have trouble scrolling with my mouse roller ball. It starts to
scroll, then stops, but remembers: when you click after it freezers, it
quickly does all the scrolling that you tried to do while it was frozen.

My computer has four chips and plenty of memory, plus the roller ball (for
you PC people, Apple finally made the jump and all macmice have rollerballs)
works just fine in every other application, including Excel and Powerpoint.

Is there some set of mouse preferences in Word that I am unaware of? Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Augustus
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Augustus,

You should repost this question on the MacWord newsgroup, to reach other
people with roller balls who can tell you whether this is normal. MacWord
does have some screen refresh issues where the visual doesn't update so
fast, but your problem sounds a little unusual to me.

See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord, MacExcel,
and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word