Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jennifer jennifer is offline

Default My undo ability has stopped. How do I get it back? When I mouse .

I have been working on this document for about a month and have had no
problems with my undo tool. Today I started editing again and everytime I
moved my mouse up to the toolbars, my undo tool would grey out. I also tryed
using ctrl z but with no luck.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi Jennifer:

Your document has corrupted, or Word has too many temporary files open.

Reboot your computer, then Maggie the document:

1) Create a new blank document

2) Carefully select all of the text in the bad document EXCEPT the last
paragraph mark

3) Copy it.

4) Paste in the new document.

5) Save under a new file name and close all, then re-open.

This technique for de-corrupting is known as "Doing a 'Maggie'", after
Margaret Secara from the Word PC-L mailing list who first publicised the
technique.

On 10/2/07 2:50 AM, in article
, "Jennifer"
wrote:

I have been working on this document for about a month and have had no
problems with my undo tool. Today I started editing again and everytime I
moved my mouse up to the toolbars, my undo tool would grey out. I also tryed
using ctrl z but with no luck.

Thanks

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jennifer jennifer is offline

Default My undo ability has stopped. How do I get it back? When I mou

Thanks, everything is great now.

Jennifer