Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bill Wonders

Default how to stop table rows moving page?

Word 2003 SP2
I have a table on page one, when adding rows to the table it moves ALL rows
to page 2 when I reach the bottom of the page instead of leaving complete
rows on page one and starting a new row on page 2. When I get to the bottom
of page 2 (still in the same table) it does not attempt to move all rows, but
behaves correctly and only moves the current incomplete row.
How do I get word to nehave correctly on page 1 as it does on page 2?
I have text-wrapping turned off.
Allow row to break across page is off, but I get the same result if its
turned on.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Select rows and make sure that "Keep with next" and "Page break
before" are both cleared, on the Line and Page Breaks of
FormatParagraph.

Also, you may want to select rows and verify that they don't have a
fixed height set: On the Table menu, click Table Properties. Click the
Row tab. Clear the "Specify height" option. Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bill Wonders" wrote in message
Word 2003 SP2
I have a table on page one, when adding rows to the table it moves

ALL rows
to page 2 when I reach the bottom of the page instead of leaving

complete
rows on page one and starting a new row on page 2. When I get to the

bottom
of page 2 (still in the same table) it does not attempt to move all

rows, but
behaves correctly and only moves the current incomplete row.
How do I get word to nehave correctly on page 1 as it does on page

2?
I have text-wrapping turned off.
Allow row to break across page is off, but I get the same result if

its
turned on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Glad I could help.

I'll just add that "Keep with next" and "Page break before" can
sometimes be useful. For example, applying "Keep with next" to the
heading row of a table prevents it from being the only table row (at
the end of) a page. The options can also help you control page breaks
in tables. For more on this, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...ksInTables.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...bleOn1Page.htm).