Jim Bell

Default How to keep from losing form data when re-protecting a form with d

The Help files within MS Word '03 for XP indicates the following relative to
keeping data when unprotecting and reprotecting a form with data:

If the form contained data, Microsoft Word preserves the data when you
protect the form again. You can clear the data by clicking Reset Form Fields
on the Forms toolbar.

This does not seem to be the case unless there's a setting bypassing this
action which I cannot seem to find. Help on this item is appreciated!

Charles Kenyon

If you protect it using the padlock button on the Forms toolbar this is the
case. If you go through the menus I don't think it is. I'm not sure because
I have a background macro running in my forms that intercepts the protect
command. I have to try to reset data.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...lfResetOff.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Jim Bell" Jim wrote in message
The Help files within MS Word '03 for XP indicates the following relative
keeping data when unprotecting and reprotecting a form with data:

If the form contained data, Microsoft Word preserves the data when you
protect the form again. You can clear the data by clicking Reset Form
Fields
on the Forms toolbar.

This does not seem to be the case unless there's a setting bypassing this
action which I cannot seem to find. Help on this item is appreciated!

Jim Bell

Ok, now I get it. I tried the Padlock and, you are correct, it allows the
data to be saved. I see the code you reference. How do I get it into the form
of an add-in so I don't have to use the Padlock button. I tried using VBA
editor and saving as a module then copied it through the addin organizer to
the normal.dot template. Was just guessing about it. All help is greatly
appreciated. Tx.