Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frankzoll

Default I Office 97 Compatable with 2003?

I have Office 97. I cannot seem to receive any Word 2003 complete document.
I only seem to get pieces. Do I need an update?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Although the file format is the same there have been any number of
improvements, new features, etc. added over the various new releases that
are *not* backward compatible. If you are in need of accessing files created
in the newer versions, I definitely think an upgrade is in order.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"frankzoll" wrote in message
I have Office 97. I cannot seem to receive any Word 2003 complete
document.
I only seem to get pieces. Do I need an update?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Not an upDATE but an upGRADE. For the time being, the following products are
qualifiers for Office 2003 upgrade.

Microsoft Office XP
Office XP Developer, Office XP Professional with FrontPage®, Office XP
Professional Special Edition, Office XP Professional with Publisher, Office
XP Professional, Office XP Small Business Edition, Office XP Standard
..Microsoft Office 2000
Office 2000 Developer, Office 2000 Premium, Office 2000 Professional, Office
2000 Small Business Edition, Office 2000 Standard
..Microsoft Office 97
Office 97 Professional, Office 97 Small Business Edition (version 2), Office
97 Small Business Edition (version 1), Office 97 Standard
..Microsoft Works
Works 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, or 8.5
Works Suite 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, or 2006

If your system can run it, I'd suggest getting your upgrade now. There are
no guarantees that you'll qualify for the next version of Office. (I suspect
not.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]