Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike-in-Texas Mike-in-Texas is offline

Default Mouse will not scroll in Word 2007, but works in other Office 2007

I have an Inland wireless 5-button mouse that works fine in all Office 2007
applications EXCEPT Word; this is the only program where the mouse will not
function properly. I've searched through some of the other forum questions
and found a few others who were having similar problems with Word (though no
mention of other applications). I have the latest Office updates installed
and I believe the mouse driver is up-to-date.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jhoga@salisburync.gov is offline

Mike-in-Texas wrote:
I have an Inland wireless 5-button mouse that works fine in all Office 2007
applications EXCEPT Word; this is the only program where the mouse will not
function properly. I've searched through some of the other forum questions
and found a few others who were having similar problems with Word (though no
mention of other applications). I have the latest Office updates installed
and I believe the mouse driver is up-to-date.

I have the same problem I have switched several types mice,and
installed multiple drivers. The problem seems to relate to a standard
windows driver.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gymstone Gymstone is offline

" wrote:

Mike-in-Texas wrote:
I have an Inland wireless 5-button mouse that works fine in all Office 2007
applications EXCEPT Word; this is the only program where the mouse will not
function properly. I've searched through some of the other forum questions
and found a few others who were having similar problems with Word (though no
mention of other applications). I have the latest Office updates installed
and I believe the mouse driver is up-to-date.

I have the same problem I have switched several types mice,and
installed multiple drivers. The problem seems to relate to a standard
windows driver.

I have the same problem. It is only in Word. within the document the mouse will not select, move cursor nor can you use the scroll bar. The roller on the mouse will scroll. The mouse will work on any of the toolbars just not within the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gymstone Gymstone is offline

I am having the same type of problems. The mouse will not work within the
document. It will work on the toolbars. It will not work on the scroll bar
but the roller on the mouse will scroll through the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WicstunTomo WicstunTomo is offline

I have same problem with Word 2007 on new Acer Aspire Laptop cannot use mouse
in document or any dialogue boxes on document area - works fine in Word 2003

Tried MS help without paying no resonse - I don't like MS help has gone?
--
Wicstun Tomo

" wrote:

Mike-in-Texas wrote:
I have an Inland wireless 5-button mouse that works fine in all Office 2007
applications EXCEPT Word; this is the only program where the mouse will not
function properly. I've searched through some of the other forum questions
and found a few others who were having similar problems with Word (though no
mention of other applications). I have the latest Office updates installed
and I believe the mouse driver is up-to-date.

I have the same problem I have switched several types mice,and
installed multiple drivers. The problem seems to relate to a standard
windows driver.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gymstone Gymstone is offline

still no solution. I am also not able to select a word document that has
been email to me and open word. I have to first save the file and then go to
word and open.