Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EDP333 EDP333 is offline

Default Section One Starts at ii

I am working on a Word doc with section 1 in Roman numbers and section 2 in
Arabic. Section 1 starts at ii. I have tried both MS Word 2000 and 2007. I
removed all page and section breaks and started over, plus copied the text to
a new doc with the same results. I have tried following the Windows help
proceduces and How to set up a document with front matter numbered
separately.The sections are unlinked and number format set to start at i.

Any suggestions or help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you used Format Page Number to make sure that Section 1 starts at 1 (or
"Continue from previous section," which is the default)?

http://word.mvps.org

"EDP333" wrote in message
I am working on a Word doc with section 1 in Roman numbers and section 2 in
Arabic. Section 1 starts at ii. I have tried both MS Word 2000 and 2007.
removed all page and section breaks and started over, plus copied the text
a new doc with the same results. I have tried following the Windows help
proceduces and How to set up a document with front matter numbered
separately.The sections are unlinked and number format set to start at i.

Any suggestions or help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure that the "Section start" for
Section 1 is set to "New page" and not "Even page."

http://word.mvps.org