Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MJ MJ is offline

Default Word 2007 document section number at bottom left of screen

Word 2003 had the section and page numbers automatically displayed at the
bottom left of the screen. I can't manage to see this since I switched to
Word 2007. Is there a way to enable this feature in Word 2007? Come very
handy when you only what to print a section of a few page of a large document.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Right-click the status bar and then choose what you want to display.

Although I appreciate the ability to customize the status bar, it would
certainly help if the well-known options from Word 97-2003 were displayed by
default. sigh

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MJ" wrote in message
Word 2003 had the section and page numbers automatically displayed at the
bottom left of the screen. I can't manage to see this since I switched to
Word 2007. Is there a way to enable this feature in Word 2007? Come very
handy when you only what to print a section of a few page of a large
document.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Stefan

But if that was the case, no one would ask the question and thus not learn
that the Status Bar is customisable! Caught between the devil and the deep
blue sea.g

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP