Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Red X Red X is offline

Default Red X when saving in Word 2007

Hi-
Suddenly while writing a document I get a red X in a circle when saving!
It's a new thing!
I've checked everything- protection isn't on, track changes isn't on- I'm
working on resumes and cover letters and can't take the chance of losing
these documents!
I've run BitDefender scans, microsoft diagnostics you name it, I've done it.
And the answers in the Help and Support sections don't work or don't apply.
Help and Help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paula Jones, MCT, MIITT[_2_] Paula Jones, MCT, MIITT[_2_] is offline

If it's on save it could be a signature invalidation; have you checked the
document properties?

"Red X" wrote:

Hi-
Suddenly while writing a document I get a red X in a circle when saving!
It's a new thing!
I've checked everything- protection isn't on, track changes isn't on- I'm
working on resumes and cover letters and can't take the chance of losing
these documents!
I've run BitDefender scans, microsoft diagnostics you name it, I've done it.
And the answers in the Help and Support sections don't work or don't apply.
Help and Help!!!

Leland James Leland James is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
Hi-
Suddenly while writing a document I get a red X in a circle when saving!
It's a new thing!
I've checked everything- protection isn't on, track changes isn't on- I'm
working on resumes and cover letters and can't take the chance of losing
these documents!
I've run BitDefender scans, microsoft diagnostics you name it, I've done it.
And the answers in the Help and Support sections don't work or don't apply.
Help and Help!!!
I had same problem. I attache red xed file to e-mail and it opened ok. I then tried changing name of file. Red x went away. No idea why