Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ethicsprof Ethicsprof is offline

Default Type text in circle in Word Art in new Office 2007! Can't find...

Used to be able to type text in a circlular shape in Word Art (around the
edge). I can't find this function in Office 2007 and all on-line help seems
to be for older versions (in which it was easy). Is this function gone?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you have inserted WordArt in Word 2007 select the WordArt and on the WordArt Tools Format tab in the ribbon you can choose the
'WordArt Styles' icon on the 'WordArt Styles' group on the ribbon to get the old gallery of shape choices.

===============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It works pretty much the same as in Word 2003. First you must insert the
WordArt object (from the Insert tab); just choose any style from the
gallery, preferably the simplest possible one. Once the WordArt object is in
the document, when you select it , you get a tab that is basically like the
old WordArt toolbar on steroids. One of the buttons is Change Shape, and
that provides the familiar gallery that includes the circular shapes (you'll
undoubtedly want the ones under "Follow Path" rather than "Warp"). Note that
the gallery is interactive, so you can preview the effect as you mouse over
the selections.

"Ethicsprof" wrote in message
Used to be able to type text in a circlular shape in Word Art (around the
edge). I can't find this function in Office 2007 and all on-line help
seems
to be for older versions (in which it was easy). Is this function gone?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] aninha77@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, April 28, 2008 9:39:25 AM UTC-5, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
[...]

Thanks! I was looking for this and you helped me solve it.