S_G_P S_G_P is offline
Junior Member

Default Address Formatting Mail Merge

Hi,

I’m trying to produce a mail merge that is linked to a list of Addresses - 7 fields in total all of which are in CAPITALS and can included a number or be blank. In Excel terms I’m trying to replicate something like the PROPER function.

I would like the address formatted so that the start of each word is capitalised. At the moment I’m using the format switch {MERGEFEILD Address_Line_1 \*Lower\*FirstCap} which is resolving some of the issues but needs to a be little more sophisticated.

For Example if I had the below address:

Address Line 1 (House Name)=
Address Line 2 = 118 NEW ROAD
Address Line 3 = STAFFORD
Address Line 4 =
Address Line 5 = BIRMINGHAM
Country = UK
Postcode = WS11 4PD

I would want it to be formatted like this:

118 New Road
Stafford
Birmingham
UK
WS11 4PD

The problems I’m having is getting the mail merge to ignore any address lines that are blank, ignoring the numbers in Address Line 2 so that is capitalises “New” and lastly coming with something so that it would also apply a capital to the second word “Road” in Address Line 2. Different addresses will populate different Address lines so would need something that could adapt to these variables.

I’m no expert with Word but would appreciate any help or guidance you may be able to provide.

Many thanks