#1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Blank Page After Section Break

Hi, I've inserted a next page section break after my TOC. When I turn my document into a PDF, it has added a blank page after the section break. I have already checked the document with the show/hide feature.
The only way to get the blank page to go away is if I make the section break an even page break, but then it will not let me start page one on the next page after the break.
This doc is set up mirror page, and when I insert a next page section break, it wants to keep the next page to the right side of page instead of left. The only way to fix this is to do the even page break, but then I run into the page number problem.
Could anyone help me with this? I've spent hours upon hours trying to solve this. I've done many, many documents this exact way and have never had this happen. Thank you.
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Blank Page After Section Break

Is it possible that there are accidentally two section breaks there? If you
switch to Draft mode, the section breaks become easier to see.

There might even be a stray empty paragraph (after the ToC?) that's enough to
push the section break onto the next page.

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 10:53:14 PM UTC-5, Scarletw wrote:
Hi, I've inserted a next page section break after my TOC. When I turn my document into a PDF, it has added a blank page after the section break. I have already checked the document with the show/hide feature.
The only way to get the blank page to go away is if I make the section break an even page break, but then it will not let me start page one on the next page after the break.
This doc is set up mirror page, and when I insert a next page section break, it wants to keep the next page to the right side of page instead of left. The only way to fix this is to do the even page break, but then I run into the page number problem.
Could anyone help me with this? I've spent hours upon hours trying to solve this. I've done many, many documents this exact way and have never had this happen. Thank you.