Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_17_] Steve[_17_] is offline

Default Word Wrapping An Image

I have many .bitmap images in a folder I want to include in a Word document.
I have found that when I go to Insert - Picture - From File, select the
image and it is pasted into the document I can not enter text on the right
side of the image. I found a menu item that brings up a word wrap function
but the button is grayed out and inactive. Is there a way to be able to
enter text at the right side of an image?

Thanks!

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When you click on the image in the document, the Picture toolbar should be
displayed. Click the Text Wrapping button on that toolbar (dog icon) and
choose Square.

http://word.mvps.org

"Steve" wrote in message
I have many .bitmap images in a folder I want to include in a Word
document. I have found that when I go to Insert - Picture - From File,
select the image and it is pasted into the document I can not enter text on
the right side of the image. I found a menu item that brings up a word wrap
function but the button is grayed out and inactive. Is there a way to be
able to enter text at the right side of an image?

Thanks!

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_17_] Steve[_17_] is offline

Thanks, Suzanne, that worked! Now I select the image and click Insert -
Caption. After adding my own text, with the top margin set at 0 the text is
still too low in he caption box. Can I control that. Also, can I control the
spacing between the lines of text? Finally, how do I remove the border
around the caption box?

Thank you!

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
I have many .bitmap images in a folder I want to include in a Word
document. I have found that when I go to Insert - Picture - From File,
select the image and it is pasted into the document I can not enter text
on the right side of the image. I found a menu item that brings up a word
wrap function but the button is grayed out and inactive. Is there a way to
be able to enter text at the right side of an image?

Thanks!

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John... Visio MVP John... Visio MVP is offline

I thought you were the great Access, Word & Excel expert? This is beginners
stuff. Why not ask PCDatasheet for help?

Just select the object and move the control handles. For the box, check the
paragraph border settings. How would depend on what version of Word you are
using.

John... Visio MVP
m...

"Steve" wrote in message
I have many .bitmap images in a folder I want to include in a Word
document. I have found that when I go to Insert - Picture - From File,
select the image and it is pasted into the document I can not enter text
on the right side of the image. I found a menu item that brings up a word
wrap function but the button is grayed out and inactive. Is there a way
to be able to enter text at the right side of an image?

Thanks!

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When you use Insert Caption for a wrapped image, you get a caption in a text
box, which is rarely what you really want. If you want to wrap text around
both image and caption, it's better to insert both inline (In Line With
Text) and then put both in a frame. If you want to retain the text box,
however, note that you can use Format | Text Box | Text Box to reduce the
internal margins.

http://word.mvps.org

m...