Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SATO23 SATO23 is offline

Default Permanent vertical lines on left margin

I received a document from another person that has vertical lines inserted on
the left margin to mark changes that I cannot seem to remove. I've tried
everything associated with 'track changes' and/or trying to click on the line
itself and hit delete but it will not allow it. Please advise as to how I
can remove them. Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If the markup is the result of Track Changes they will remain until the
changes have been Accepted/Rejected.

OTOH, they may be Paragraph Borders... Click in one of the paragraphs then
check Borders & Shading.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"SATO23" wrote in message
I received a document from another person that has vertical lines inserted
on
the left margin to mark changes that I cannot seem to remove. I've tried
everything associated with 'track changes' and/or trying to click on the
line
itself and hit delete but it will not allow it. Please advise as to how I
can remove them. Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try using View | Header and Footer to see if the lines are anchored to the
header. The Pleading Template uses such lines.

http://word.mvps.org