Nicole Jones Nicole Jones is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2010...veerrryyyyy slow

Hi

In my team we work with documents that consist a lot of tables (sometimes the whole document) and we experience very slow performance (can take upto 30 seconds just for a part of the page to scroll down). These documents can be as little as 3 pages and as big as a few hundred, and we always experience the same slowness when working with tables and images.

I have been search for a solution and it doesnt seem to be a computer performance issue as nothing else is affected and it is all computers not just one.

I would really appreciate it if someone is able to assist us to speed up Word.

Thank you

NJ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How many table rows are there in these documents? Usually, having at least one
row per page improves performance. You should also turn off "Automatically
resize to fit contents" in the Table Options dialog box. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/FastTables.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nicole Jones" wrote in message ...

[...]

Thank you for your reply Stephan, the tables can be large, its not the automatic sizing that is the issue because there are times when we only have a couple of very small tables & images and Word still slows down considerably.

I have seen on posts all over that this is a common gripe with users but no one seems to have come up with a fix.

This never happened with 2003 and earlier, I dont know why in the super age of technology it is happening now.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Using Word 2010 myself, I haven't noticed that tables are generally more
slow than in older versions.

If you are seeing this with a particular document, you may want to
troubleshoot for document corruption.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP