ChuckDrago ChuckDrago is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Can defaults be overriden by macro code?

Our Job Description template is sent to Directors for them to fill upon a new hire requirement. The method is as an attachment to an email. Unfortunately, the security checkbox disabling macros on email attachments render the control macro in the JD inactive. Those macros have a series of checks for authorizations, setting key combinations for automatic signature, etc. Unchecking the security box solves the issue, but exposes the Company to other risks.
When the document opens, the Sub Document_Open macro is ignored and the user is presented with the document with an info banner reading "Protected View - This file originated s an e-mail attachment and might be unsafe...etc." and a button reading Enable Editing.
The questions:
1) How can I set the code to have the Document_Open macro run?
2) If the solution is to save the document again (so that is no longer an email attachment), can I avoid such save by adding a key sequence (e.g. Alt-O, or like) to execute after opening?
3) Whatever else you can offer.
Thanks to everyone
Chuck