Moriarty Moriarty is offline
Junior Member

Location: London
Post Italicizing Short Titles in Citation generated in Manage Sources

Hi there,

Long time listener, first time caller...

In Manage Sources, is there a way to make the Short Title entered in the Edit Source box appear in italics in the citation? I can think of ad hoc ways that will make a short title appear it appear in the citation (I guess I could just use the desired short title as a Book Title), but not in a way that won't mess up the bibliography.

Apologies if this has been asked but I couldn't find another thread dealing with it.

Thanks!
Moriarty Moriarty is offline
Junior Member

Location: London
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
Hi there,

Apologies if this has been asked but I couldn't find another thread dealing with it.

Thanks!
I'm embarrassed to report that after a great many futile attempts to find some way to do it in a more general way, I've just realised you can do it the hucking brackets in the body of the text.

Mea Culpa!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Italicizing Short Titles in Citation generated in Manage Sources

If you're in Word2007 and can handle XML and this is the same as the Bibliography
Tool, I may be able to help you. How it works was changed in Word2013 so that
my highly customized bibliography styles don't work. I don't know which way
Word2010 goes.