Making Spell Check Work on a protected document

Old May 2nd 05, 02:47 AM
Jacob_F_Roecker

Default Making Spell Check Work on a protected document

I'm still working on those Department of the Army Forms and trying to get it
so that spell check will work in the user input areas. I've created a simple
template with "text form field" and got the table that the fields sit in
looking just right.

Now in order to spell check I looked up "How to enable the spellchecker in a
protected document" and got to this site
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

I cut and pasted the macro then built a button for it using:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

All of this has been quite fun. I didn't know word could do all of this
stuff.

But the MACRO isn't working.
The code gives me a

Run-time error 5650

This command is unavailable because the form field was not inserted with the
Forms toolbar or by using hte Insert Form Field dialog box.

If I use the form's toolbar I can't create the forms to look the way they
need to. Is there a way to get my text field forms spell checked and keep
the document secure?

HELP PLEASE!

-SSG Jacob Roecker
www.sgtstime.com

Old May 2nd 05, 02:58 AM
Jacob_F_Roecker

I made an error in this post. It should read that I have problems using the
design template toolbar and getting my forms to look proper. I can, and have
been using the forms toolbar in generating my forms.

Sorry about the mistaken terminology.

-JFR

Old May 2nd 05, 05:03 AM
Charles Kenyon

If you are using the Controls Toolbox to insert things in your forms, it can
cause problems. Protecting the document does not activate these controls.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old June 8th 05, 08:59 PM
wordnerd

I got around it by using continuous breaks within the table and then only
password protecting certain sections of the document. All the cells that form
users were to fill in were not protected and all cells that contained
information for the form were protected. It worked for my Dept. of
Transportation forms.
Good luck.