Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Uriel

Default Another 2003 Degradation -- ruler reappearance

*See the thread "window title file name."

I respond in new thread, "SDI / MDI / The struggle for efficiency (NOT the
default)"

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
*I* do not call it that; that's Microsoft's terminology. In SDI
(single-document interface), each document gets its own separate window,
with its own toolbars, window controls, etc. Although the Window menu is
still available, the big change (in Word 2000) was that each document got a
separate Taskbar button. Enough users objected to this that MS found a way
(previously declared impossible*) to allow users to simulate MDI. In
addition, in Windows XP, even documents that would otherwise have separate
Taskbar buttons can (AIUI) be aggregated on a single Taskbar button for
Word.

*See the thread "window title file name."