Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
VF VF is offline

Default columns and page numbering

I am using Word 2003 to create a document of several sections.

I want to divide part of a page in the body text into two columns and then
continue the page without columns as before. But when I do so I find the
following page has been numbered as for a new section. The page with the
columns, page 53, has "Section break continuous" at the beginning and end of
the columns and after that the text continues as required on the same page.
But the next page is numbered 2 instead of 54.

What am I doing wrong?
--
VF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You're not doing anything wrong, but you need to use "Format page numbering"
to set the numbering to "Continue from previous section."

http://word.mvps.org