Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sarah sarah is offline

Default Letterhead/Header

Version=Word 2003

I have made a letterhead in the header of page 1. If I have a document
that is 3 pages, I would like the letterhead to be on Page 1 only. It shows
up on all 3 by default. If I click, FilePage Setup Layout Different First
Page then it deletes the header/letterhead from Page 1 and leaves it on Pages
2-3. I want it to do the opposite. Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ian[_6_] Ian[_6_] is offline

Version=Word 2003

I have made a letterhead in the header of page 1. If I have a document
that is 3 pages, I would like the letterhead to be on Page 1 only. It shows
up on all 3 by default. If I click, FilePage Setup Layout Different First
Page then it deletes the header/letterhead from Page 1 and leaves it on Pages
2-3. I want it to do the opposite. Thank you for your help.

Copy your letterhead text to clipboard.
Delete from page 2 header.

Double click next to the margin and bring up Page Set Up dialog.
Click on 'Different first page'

Paste on page 1 in header area.

On first page only.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

So cut the content from the Header and paste it into the First Page Header.
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for more.

http://word.mvps.org