Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
m m is offline

Default Breaking source link for mail merge labels

Hello,
I have completed a labels mail merge from an excel source file.
The result is 41 pages of labels.
I would like to sevre the link to the source and edit my labels as a word
document.
However when I follow the Word help instructions of going to main document
set up and choosing normal word document, I only end up with one page of
labels.
I would like to have all the pages saved in one word document (with no link
to the excel file). Please provide any tips.
--
Much Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

"M" wrote in message ...
Hello,
I have completed a labels mail merge from an excel source file.
The result is 41 pages of labels.
I would like to sevre the link to the source and edit my labels as a word
document.
However when I follow the Word help instructions of going to main document
set up and choosing normal word document, I only end up with one page of
labels.
I would like to have all the pages saved in one word document (with no link
to the excel file). Please provide any tips.
--
Much Thanks,

If you want to work with the 41-page document, you have to run the mailmerge and work with the output - which will be unlinked
anyway.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
m m is offline

Thanks Marcropod.
I have run the merge. I forgot to mention that this is the 2003 version.
The output when saved is alway staying linked.
--
Much Thanks,

"macropod" wrote:

"M" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You have NOT executed the merge. You must execute it to a new document.
From the View menu, select Toolbars and check the Mail Merge item. That
toolbar contains buttons that allow you to perform the whole mail merge
process for A - Z, including buttons at the right hand end to execute the
merge to the various possible destinations.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP