Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristin Broggi Kristin Broggi is offline

Default Custom Text in Page Numbering

I am using Word XP and an inherited document.

I have the document set up with sections in it. I have the page numbering
for each section starting at 1. When I create an index for the document, I
want the index to display the index entry as well as the section name with
the page number. Is there a way to add this text to the page numbering?

Thank you for your help!
Kristin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/chapternumber.htm for instructions
on how to set up chapter/page numbering that will be reflected in the index
and table of contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kristin Broggi" wrote in message
I am using Word XP and an inherited document.

I have the document set up with sections in it. I have the page numbering
for each section starting at 1. When I create an index for the document,
want the index to display the index entry as well as the section name with
the page number. Is there a way to add this text to the page numbering?

Thank you for your help!
Kristin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristin Broggi Kristin Broggi is offline

Thank you for your help but this appears to show me how to get the chapter
number as part of the page numbering. I truly need it to give me the "chapter
name"
Any ideas?

Thanks!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/chapternumber.htm for instructions
on how to set up chapter/page numbering that will be reflected in the index
and table of contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kristin Broggi" wrote in message
I am using Word XP and an inherited document.

I have the document set up with sections in it. I have the page numbering
for each section starting at 1. When I create an index for the document,
want the index to display the index entry as well as the section name with
the page number. Is there a way to add this text to the page numbering?

Thank you for your help!
Kristin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristin Broggi Kristin Broggi is offline

Darn - Thanks for your help though....I really appreciate know that I can
stop banging my head against the wall.....