Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rpurosky rpurosky is offline

Default Can I link text boxes so that text flows between them?

I read a tip that mentioned text boxes of a set size can be linked so that
text word wraps from one to the next. How is this done?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can right-click the text box border and choose Create Text Box Link from
the context menu. Then click in the text box to which you want to link.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rpurosky" wrote in message
news
I read a tip that mentioned text boxes of a set size can be linked so that
text word wraps from one to the next. How is this done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rpurosky rpurosky is offline

That worked. However, I actually wanted to link 3 text boxes and when I
right click on either border of the first two, linked boxes, I'm not getting
the Create Text Box Link choice. How do I link the first two to the third.
Or was I supposed to do something different while creating the first link?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can right-click the text box border and choose Create Text Box Link from
the context menu. Then click in the text box to which you want to link.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rpurosky" wrote in message
news
I read a tip that mentioned text boxes of a set size can be linked so that
text word wraps from one to the next. How is this done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

A particular text box can only be (directly) linked to *one* text box.
However, right-clicking the "second" box (the one that is the target of the
first link) should give you the choice to link to a third one.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can right-click the text box border and choose Create Text Box Link
from
the context menu. Then click in the text box to which you want to link.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rpurosky" wrote in message
news
I read a tip that mentioned text boxes of a set size can be linked so
that
text word wraps from one to the next. How is this done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rpurosky rpurosky is offline

I finally got it to work, but it certainly wasn't as easy as the first link.
I removed content control from the second box, and I don't know if that is
what I needed to do, but suddenly the Create Text Box Link choice appeared
when r-clicking on that second box which wasn't happening before no matter
where I was pointing at that box. Now this third box is very friendly; it's
allowing me to link to a fourth if I choose without all the hassles that
second box gave me. Thanks for your time.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can right-click the text box border and choose Create Text Box Link
from
the context menu. Then click in the text box to which you want to link.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rpurosky" wrote in message
news I read a tip that mentioned text boxes of a set size can be linked so
that
text word wraps from one to the next. How is this done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted.

For what it's worth, I can't reproduce the problem you have noticed, but
note that I only tested with a Rich Text content control.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP